SocialErasmus (SE) is an international project of the Erasmus Student Network (ESN) with the aim of involving international students, participating in university exchange, in to social and volunteering activities in their host country.
The project promotes a social attitude among international students and facilitates their social integration into the local community while exploring the added value that resides in the diversity in Europe. The project goes under the slogan:
- to complete the stay abroad with the original values of the Erasmus Program
- an opportunity to get to know new cultures and education systems
- to make new unforgettable friendships
- inspiration for a future life
- to experience something new
- to get a new perspective, beyond the cognitive abilities
What does SocialErasmus offer?
- new ways for international students to expand their knowledge of other cultures and educational systems
- enables Erasmus students to engage in society-beneficial activities
- bring them closer to the local communities they live in
- promotes a social attitude to international students
- combining formal and informal education with intercultural experiences
- the students enrich their curricula, gain experiences, knowledge, openness and love for Europe
- International students meet their local community at eye-height
- show that mobility does not only mean travelling or studying abroad
- promote active engagement in local communities
- International students contribute to the local community
- foster a better cultural understanding
- inspire local students to study abroad
SocialErasmus has three different pillars which the project focuses on:
- Charity: Social activities with a charitable purpose.
- Environment: Activities that promotes environmental thinking or serves an environmental purpose.
- Education: Educational activities that integrate international students with the society.
SocialErasmus project was implemented in Croatia in the beginning of the academic year 2012/2013 when first SocialErasmus activities were organized. In the beginning of the academic year 2013/2014 all sections of ESN Croatia implemented SocialErasmus activities and the position of National coordinator was established. National Agency for Mobility and EU programs recognized the value of this project and its sub-project Erasmus in Schools and it's cooperating with ESN Croatia since 2012 in the implementation and promotion of Erasmus in schools in all cities where ESN sections in Croatia function.
Two times per year, Europe is the domain of the SocialErasmus Week. It is a week of social engagement throughout the Network in which ESN-ers and Erasmus-ers want to say thanks to our local communities for their warm heartedness towards us.
- If your spirit has always felt the urge to help and inspire others in need
- if you are motivated to connect to one of the largest movements with a great social impact
then we welcome you to join our family and to become active during the SocialErasmus Weeks!
Social Erasmus Week 2013
The SocialErasmus Week 2013 was a great success. More than 13 SocialErasmus activities were organized in all 6 sections in in Croatia.
Social Erasmus Week 2014
From November 10th till November 16th, Europe was once again the centre stage of the SocialErasmus Week. We organised: more than 25 SocialErasmus activities involving all 6 sections.
By taking part, you helped fostering the core values of ESN. We would like to convey our heartfelt gratitude to the Coordinators for creating an undeniable and long lasting positive impact on the local communities that you have been intertwined with.
Erasmus in Schools (EiS) is the flagship project of ESN for 2013 and the main activity within the education pillar of SocialErasmus. The project aims to promote mobility at an early age. Project contains organised visits to elementary and secondary schools so that our exchange students can do a wide range of activities that include country and culture presentations, quizzes language sessions, and mobility promoting activities.
SocialErasmus National Event
'Create an Advent Calendar' is a 2014 National SocialErasmus project organised by ESN Croatia. Croatian Erasmus students and members of ESN Croatia participate in a creative workshop with children from orphanages or in kindergarten classes. They create a calendar with little presents and Christmas cards for the each day of advent.The goal of the project is to introduce the students to the smallest members of Croatia, so they can see the Croatia through their eyes. The children will get the chance to meet the exchange students, and to play with them. Every day during the advent they have an opportunity to open the calendar and have a little treat. The workshop brings plenty of fun for both sides.The workshop was held on 24.11.2014. in every local section in Croatia - Dubrovnik, Osijek, Rijeka, Split, Zadar, and Zagreb.
Croatia ESN Split 11/11/2014 Erasmus in Schools
Croatia ESN Split 11/12/2014 Give a smile
Croatia ESN Split 11/12/2014 Erasmus in Schools
Croatia ESN Split 11/14/2014 Ride for your rights
Croatia ESN Split 12/14/2014 institution for blind people
Croatia ESN Split 11/15/2014 Date auction
Croatia ESN Split 11/16/2014 Happy thoughts
Croatia ESN Rijeka 12/10/2014 "...i djeci s ljubavlju"
Croatia ESN Zagreb 10/28/2014 Beware of the Masks
Croatia ESN Zagreb 11/10/2014 Building Bridges
Croatia ESN Zagreb 11/11/2014 Human Library
Croatia ESN Zagreb 11/12/2014 Visit to the dog shelter
Croatia ESN Zagreb 11/13/2014 Time travel tandem and X-mas wraths
Croatia ESN Zagreb ESN AGH Cracow 11/14/2014 My Erasmus Penfriend
Croatia ESN Zagreb 11/24/2014 National event: Create an Advent Calendar
Croatia ESN Zagreb 11/21/2014 Erasmus in Schools
Croatia ESN Zagreb 11/25/2014 Erasmus in Schools
Croatia ESN Zadar 11/12/2014 Making handprints with kids in Frogo centar
Croatia ESN Zadar 11/11/2014 Art workshop with kids in Frogo center
Croatia ESN Osijek Aiesec Osijek, IAESTE 12/4/2014 Christmas Party
Croatia ESN Osijek 12/16/2014 Pre- Merry Christmas Workshop
Croatia ESN Zadar 11/13/2014 Erasmus in Schools
Croatia ESN Zadar 11/25/2014 Create an Advent Calendar with ESN Zadar
Croatia ESN Osijek 11/27/2014 Erasmus in Schools
Croatia ESN Osijek 11/10/2014 Dog Is a Man's Best Friend
Croatia ESN Osijek 11/14/2014 Dog Is a Man's Best Friend
Croatia ESN Osijek 11/13/2014 Tell Me A Wish Workshop
Croatia ESN Osijek 11/12/2014 Mood Swings
Croatia ESN Osijek 11/13/2014 Happy Mood – Feeling Good
Croatia ESN Osijek 11/14/2014 Colour as an ESN-er